The Bows and Beaus Singles and Couples Square Dance Club of the
Mountain View /
area of California is a member of the
Santa Clara Valley Square Dancers Association (SCVSDA),
and is one of the longest operating and most respected square dance clubs in the Santa Clara Valley. Our caller,
has been calling for the club since 1987 and is an Accredited Member of CALLERLAB.
He has been voted one of the Top Ten callers by
members of the SCVSDA and especially enjoys teaching newer dancers.
Learn to Square Dance!
Our next class begins
Monday, January 19, 2015
in Los Altos!
Why not join us?
Our next class
will be on Monday evenings beginning January 19, 2015, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
at Loyola Elementary School,
770 Berry Avenue, Los Altos, CA.
This hall can be easily accessed from I-280 via the Magdalena Avenue exit
Registration is open during the first two classes (January 19 and 26) and
these two classes are FREE.
Donation thereafter: $5 per person per class.
Both singles and couples are welcome,
and you may attend either with or without a partner!
Although advance registration is not necessary, if you'll let us know how to contact you we can
send any last minute updates on the class. Just
send us a message and let us know if you need
any additional information.
Square dancing is lots of fun,
a great way to meet people, and provides enjoyable exercise for both the mind and body!
Once you have learned the basics
(which for us means up through the internationally recognized Plus program),
you can dance almost every night of the week, if you wish!
There are often dances (called Hoedowns) on weekends, with even larger events
at various times throughout the year.
Where Do We Dance?
Both the class and club dance at:
- Loyola Elementary School
- 770 Berry Avenue
Los Altos, CA
Click for map.
See Dance Schedule, below,
for any temporary changes to this location!
- Our mailing address is:
- Bows and Beaus
PO Box 1107
Mountain View, CA 94042
- Our e-mail address is:
The club dances the
program of Western Square Dancing
on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Partners are
Please see Club News or Dance Schedule
for more information.
The club also sponsors a beginning square dance class
each year on Monday evenings.
Bows & Beaus began dancing in 1963 at an apartment house in Mountain View, and remained in that city for many years.
After a brief time in Palo Alto, we moved to Los Altos in 2006.
Today our dancers come from throughout the South San Francisco Bay region: Redwood City, Menlo Park, Stanford, Palo Alto,
Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Campbell, Los Gatos, San Jose,
Santa Cruz, Fremont, and Milpitas! We've also welcomed visitors from throughout the United States and from other countries!
If you would like more information please
send us a message.
The Ice Cream Fling Thing!
43rd Annual -- June 6, 2015
John Muir Middle School
Michael Kellogg, Caller
Since 1973 local square dancers have welcomed the month of June by attending the
Ice Cream Fling Thing,
the Anniversary Dance of the Bows & Beaus.
Held the first Saturday of June,
the 43rd Annual dance will be on
June 6, 2015, at 7:30 p.m. at
John Muir Middle School,
1260 Branham Lane, in San Jose.
Sue & Phil Harris, Rounds
- Wednesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
Wednesday, December 31 (New Year's Eve)
- The club will not be dancing on either Wednesday, December 24,
or Wednesday, December 31. Happy Holidays!
- Members' Only Page: It's Here!
We now have a special web page for "Members' Only".
If you are a Bows & Beaus Member, and have not received a Username and Password,
contact the club's President.
- Future Club Activities
- Throughout the year, Bows & Beaus participates in many special activities.
Here is a partial list of some coming club and dancer association events.
See the club newsletter and listen for announcements on club dance nights for more information.
Club Members can also visit the Members Only Page for information on these and other events.
- Saturday, January 10, 2015: SCVSDA General Dance Program Dance (Sunnyvale).
- Monday, January 19, 2015: Bows & Beaus Class Starts. [Flyer]
- Saturday, January 31, 2015: SCVSDA/SCVCA Presidents' Ball Whing Ding.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015: SCVSDA General Dance Program Dance.
- Saturday, March 14, 2015: SCVSDA General Dance Program Dance.
- Saturday, March 21, 2015: Bows & Beaus Newer Dancer Hoedown (January Class Level).
- Saturday, April 25, 2015: SCVSDA General Dance Program Dance.
- Saturday, May 30, 2015: SCVSDA/SCVCA Callers' Appreciation Dance Whing Ding.
- Saturday, June 6, 2015: Ice Cream Fling Thing.
- Saturday, August 29 SCVSDA/SCVCA Whing Ding.
- Saturday, October 31 SCVSDA/SCVCA Whing Ding.
- (Above information subject to change)
- DBD Plus Workshop
- This "Dancing by Definition" (DBD) workshop is conducted during the second and third tips
of most club dance nights.
- Membership Forms and Information
- Obtain forms to Apply for Membership, Request a Leave of Absence (2 to 6 months), or
Change Information (address, telephone, e-mail, or emergency contact).
A copy of the Bylaws is also available.